Monday, March 10, 2008

Welcome Sydney Claire!


We had a whirlwind of a weekend, most of it spent at the hospital loving on my sweet new niece! Sweet Sydney Claire was born Friday night at 8:31pm weighing 7 pounds 15 ounces. Meredith had a LONG day of labor, but it was well worth it! I have realized the closest thing to having a baby yourself is your sister having one. It was such a special day and I was thrilled to be there and welcome her into this world. Praise God for her healthy and safe arrival!

There is one thing for sure, Sydney will not be hurting for attention from these two cousins! They were so funny with her! One would hold her while the other stood waiting saying "it's my turn now!" They loved there "cousin" shirts and keep wanting to wear them everyday. Savannah is just a natural mother hen, but we were all surprised at how sweet Caroline has been with her.



I am one proud Auntie Em!

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sydney Claire is beautiful and is sure blessed to have such a sweet family to love on her. I am glad that Meredith is okay... enjoy your sweet niece! Healthy babies are such a amazing miracle :)

Alyssa said...

Sydney Claire is beautiful and is sure blessed to have such a sweet family to love on her. I am glad that Meredith is okay... enjoy your sweet niece! Healthy babies are such a amazing miracle :)

Lana said...

She is just so beautiful:) I am so excited for Meredith to be a mommy and experience the blessings of a child:) You and your sweet girls look pretty excited and thrilled at Sydney's arrival. I agree that the best thing after you have a baby is your sister. So sweet:)

Celeste said...

I agree! I have been a nervous wreck all weekend! I even dreamed that I had a "pregnancy suit" that me and Mere would take turns wearing during labor! Wouldn't that be great? Can't wait to meet my new neice and hug my other 2 this weekend! See ya, soon, sis!

Whitney said...

She's precious! I'm so happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud for you too! I know you will have so much fun watching little Sydney grow up with your girls--what a blessing!
She's beautiful!

Holly said...

She is so sweet! I am so glad she is finally here. I will be looking forward to seeing her in person.

Kendra said...

SWEET Baby! How fun to have girl cousins!!

Courtney said...

She is just precious! Please pass my congratulations onto Meredith! Hard to believe she had a baby! She is still the baby Walker girl to me - seems odd that she is married and has a little girl! I guess we are all getting older. :)