Thursday, March 13, 2008

Can it be?


As I was pulling out of the parking lot after picking up Savannah from preschool today, I glanced in her folder and to my surprise found this...her cap and gown picture proofs. My baby will be graduating from preschool?! After blinking back a few tears I was able to pull it together. I am just not ready for this. It sounds so cliche, but it REALLY does seem like yesterday she was born. Anyway, I am having major mommy anxiety about her starting Kindergarten. The school she will be attending will only be three days a week unless they have a field trip, but I will still miss her! Here are some things I just love about this girl and don't want to forget about this age.

-I love how she started brushing Caroline's teeth in the mornings all by herself

-I love how she knows every single word to the Strawberry Shortcake theme song.

-I love that she can sit and paint, color, draw, write, cut, glue....anything artsy for hours.

-I love that when she goes more than one day without seeing her friends or family, she will say she has not seen them in "years".

-I love how much she loves the Lord at such a young age.

-I love that she is such a morning person and respects that I am not. She crawls into my bed with me and "snuggle-bugs" until I am ready to wake up.

-I love that she says she is growing her hair out....it has been trimmed once.

-I love that she loves tea parties/dress up but also loves to play pirates or any kind of good guy/bad guy all in the same day.

-I love how clumsy she can be...reminds me of her mother! :)

-I love that she has a way of working the word "actually" into any sentence she wants to use this word.

She just cracks me up daily and I just love being around her! She is such a joy and has a heart of gold. I just wanted to remember some sweet things about her right now before she turns five and graduates from preschool!





9 comments:

Lana said...

That is the sweetest picture of Savannah. We just love her and so does Kylee. I was thinking just the other day they have really been friends since birth. So sweet!
How sweet that she brushes Carolines teeth. What a great big sis!

Amy S. said...

Time definitely flies by when the kiddos are little. It makes me sad too. Your list about Savannah is sweet. She seems like a very fun little girl!

Kendra said...

I think I just might have to pause a moment and have myself a little "my baby is growing up too fast" cry with you! ha! Ya - those cap and gown proofs were wild to see. Sweet little Savannah . .. I sure do love her, too, and hope she and Colbs can be good buddies forever.

Julia said...

I can't believe that she's old enough to graduate from pre-school (and that you actually got a good photo of her in the hat & gown)!! I think I was a little less affected by those pictures because a) Emma won't really "graduate" until next year, and b) those were some truly awful photos of my sweet girl. But I'm sympathizing with you all the same. I think having Emma's friends ready to go to kindergarten is a very close second to what it will be like when my own child is there - I love that girl!

Alyssa said...

"That girl's so sweet- just like her name..." (we also have that song memorized!) I love that sweet picture of Savannah! She is such a precious girl- and we have loved getting to know her :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Whitney said...

That's such a sweet picture- she's looks so grown up! I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear though!

Kylie said...

I have set my blog to private, I don't have your email address to invite you~ so will you email me please~dkmmiller@yahoo.com and I'll send you and invite! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.